With our online courses, we raise the language skills of young people to a higher level even via remote learning. They can thus continue to develop their skills all year long, via our language courses during the Easter and Summer holidays, and our online courses during the early spring and autumn half-term holidays.
Is an online course the same as a whole week spent in immersion? No, certainly not.
The shorter holiday periods are ideal for making time for language learning, for catching up and revising lesson material. A boost that will definitely pay off.
What can you expect?
- Anyone between the ages of 12 and 18 can apply, regardless of their level. However a knowledge of the basics is required because all lessons are in the target language.
- Pupils have 3 hours of lessons every day, from 09h00 to 12h30 (with a break of half-an-hour).
- Classes are made up of groups according to level. Levels are divided up according to information received upon enrolment as well as the result of the online test that we send out beforehand.
- Pupils receive lessons from a qualified and dedicated language teacher.
- The lessons are designed to be fun and interactive, so that practice of the language is stimulated and interaction encouraged.
- Pupils also have access to our didactic platform where they can find a number of useful links to dictionaries, exercises, films, reading tips, language apps,………..for English, French and Dutch.
What does a week of lessons consist of?
3 hours in a row of listening to a teacher? No, absolutely not. We have chosen a more varied approach of self-study, traditional lessons and exercises. Pupils work through part of the theory for themselves via e-learning and then do the related exercises. During the lesson with the teacher the theory is revised and the teacher can also respond to common errors made. It is another way of working, but with a number of advantages.
- Pupils can go through and practise the lessons at their own tempo.
- During the traditional lessons the teacher focusses on applying the theory.
- The alternation of self-study, exercises and traditional lessons maintain the pupils’ interest.
- During the lessons the teacher focusses on questions from pupils and the difficulties they may encounter.
What is our daily class routine?
- 09h00 – 09h15 We start at 09h00 on the dot. Be on time so that you don’t miss anything. From the second day your teacher starts the day with a short test on what you learnt the day before.
- 09h15-10h30 First part of the lesson
- 10h30-11h00 Break
- 11h00-12.30 Second part of the lesson.
- 13h00-16h00 Allow another hour or so in the afternoon for tasks and to review previous lesson material.
What do you need to prepare?
- A laptop or computer
- A strong internet connection (via cable or a strong wi-fi signal).
- A desk or table in a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed and without the background noise of brothers and sisters walking past!
- Writing pad: paper, ball-point pen ...
The price of our online language courses is €245 all-inclusive:
- The online test
- Access to our interactive, digital classroom
- 15 hours of lessons (spread over 5 weekdays)
- (digital) course material
Ruysschaert Language Academy © 2021
Wijngaardstraat 14, B-9000 Gent - BE0754865777